Are you preparing for SSC JE Electrical Exam then its great way to start with SSC JE Electrical Syllabus. So GATExplore has categorized SSC JE Syllabus for Electrical with a weightage of (Paper 1 & 2) in detail.
This year Staff Selection Commission is going to conduct an examination to recruit candidates for different posts. So aspirates appear in the exam they must check SSC JE Electrical Syllabus below.
If you have chosen the Electrical exam as your subject, then you might notice that SSC JE Syllabus for Electrical is so vast that it sometimes gets confusing to figure out where to begin.
Must Read: All about SSC JE 2020 Exam
- SSC JE 2020-21 Electrical Syllabus
- SSC JE Paper 1 Syllabus for Electrical
- SSC JE Paper 1 (Part -B) & Paper 2
SSC JE 2020-21 Electrical Syllabus
The SSC JE Mechanical exam is going to take place in 2 stages Paper-I & Paper-II. The first stage Paper I will be an objective type exam while Paper II will be a conventional type subjective exam.
SSC JE Paper 1 Syllabus for Electrical
General Intelligence & Reasoning (Weightage – 50 Marks)
- Space visualization
- Decision making
- Visual memory
- Relationship concepts
- Arithmetical reasoning
- Verbal and figure classification
- Arithmetical number series etc
General Awareness (Weightage – 50 Marks)
- Questions will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him/her and its application to society.
- Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person.
- The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity and Scientific Research, etc.
Must Read: SSC JE 2019 Application Form – Apply Now
SSC JE Paper 1 (Part -B) & Paper 2
1. Basic Network (Weightage: 30–35 Marks)
- Basic concepts: Concepts of resistance, inductance, capacitance, and various factors affecting them. Concepts of current, voltage, power, energy and their units.
- Circuit law: Kirchhoff‟s law, Simple Circuit solution using network theorems.
- Magnetic Circuit: Concepts of flux, mmf, reluctance, Different kinds of magnetic materials, Magnetic calculations for conductors of different configuration e.g. straight, circular, solenoidal, etc. Electromagnetic induction, self and mutual induction.
- AC Fundamentals: Instantaneous, peak, R.M.S. and average values of alternating waves, Representation of sinusoidal wave form, simple series and parallel AC Circuits consisting of R.L. and C, Resonance, Tank Circuit. Poly Phase system – star and delta connection, 3 phase power, DC and sinusoidal response of R-Land R-C circuit.
2. Electrical Machines (Weightage: 25-30 Marks)
- D.C. Machine – Construction, Basic Principles of D.C. motors and generators, their characteristics, speed control and starting of D.C. Motors. Method of braking motor, Losses and efficiency of D.C. Machines.
- 1 phase and 3 phase transformers – Construction, Principles of operation, equivalent circuit, voltage regulation, O.C. and S.C. Tests, Losses and efficiency. Effect of voltage, frequency and wave form on losses. Parallel operation of 1 phase /3 phase transformers. Auto transformers.
- 3 phase induction motors, rotating magnetic field, principle of operation, equivalent circuit, torque-speed characteristics, starting and speed control of 3 phase induction motors. Methods of braking, effect of voltage and frequency variation on torque speed characteristics.
Fractional Kilowatt Motors and Single Phase Induction Motors: Characteristics and applications.
Synchronous Machines – Generation of 3-phase e.m.f. armature reaction, voltage regulation, parallel operation of two alternators, synchronizing, control of active and reactive power. Starting and applications of synchronous motors.
3. Basic Electronics (Weightage: 10-15 Marks)
Working of various electronic devices e.g. P N Junction diodes, Transistors (NPN and PNP type), BJT and JFET. Simple circuits using these devices.
4. Measurement and measuring instruments (Weightage: 10-15 Marks)
Measurement of power (1 phase and 3 phase, both active and re-active) and energy, 2 wattmeter method of 3 phase power measurement. Measurement of frequency and phase angle. Ammeter and voltmeter (both moving oil and moving iron type), extension of range wattmeter, Multimeters, Megger, Energy meter AC Bridges. Use of CRO, Signal Generator, CT, PT and their uses. Earth Fault detection.
5. Generation, Transmission and Distribution (Weightage: 10-15 Marks)
Different types of power stations, Load factor, diversity factor, demand factor, cost of generation, inter-connection of power stations. Power factor improvement, various types of tariffs, types of faults, short circuit current for symmetrical faults. Switchgears – rating of circuit breakers, Principles of arc extinction by oil and air, H.R.C. Fuses, Protection against earth leakage / over current, etc. Buchholtz relay, Merz-Price system of protection of generators & transformers, protection of feeders and bus bars. Lightning arresters, various transmission and distribution system, comparison of conductor materials, efficiency of different system. Cable – Different type of cables, cable rating and derating factor.
Estimation and costing: Estimation of lighting scheme, electric installation of machines and relevant IE rules. Earthing practices and IE Rules.
Utilization of Electrical Energy: Illumination, Electric heating, Electric welding, Electroplating, Electric drives and motors.
SSC JE Electrical Syllabus PDF – Download Here
Must Read: SSC JE 2020-21 Important Dates