General Record Examination [GRE] is a standardized test that is an admission requirement for many graduate schools in Canada and the US. The GRE 2020 Exam is conducted and owned by Education Test Service. The purpose of appearing GRE is to take admissions to master’s and doctoral degree programs in various universities.
The GRE Exam is taken by over half of million individuals from 160 countries across 1000 test centers set up by ETS. The skills tested in GRE comprises of 3 sections namely Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, and Analytical Writing. The validity of GRE scores is a period f 5 years.
The GRE scores are accepted by more than 1200 business schools. There are 2 types of GRE test which is conducted by ETS they are GRE General Test and GRE Subject Test.
- GRE Exam 2020 Important Updates
- GRE Exam 2020 Overview
- GRE Exam 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- GRE Exam 2020 Syllabus
- GRE Exam 2020 Exam Pattern
- GRE Exam 2020 Registration
- GRE Exam 2020 Results
- GRE Exam 2020 FAQ
GRE Exam 2020 Important Updates
- The GRE test has been canceled due to the outbreak of COVID-19 keeping in mind the safety and health concerns of the test takers and the staff members of the test centers.
- ETS has announced a home test for the GRE test for the candidates who have been affected by the coronavirus starting from 30 June 2020 in selected countries.
GRE Exam 2020 Overview
|Name||GRE 2020 (Graduate Record Examination)|
|Conducted by||ETS (Educational Testing Service)|
|Total Duration||3 hours 45 minutes|
|GRE Fees||$205 (approx. INR 15,550)|
|Accepted for||MBA, MS, MS in Finance, MS in Accounting, MS in Business Analytics, etc, Law, Other Graduate Programs|
|Sections||5 Sections (Analytical Writing Assessment, Verbal Reasoning -2 sections, Quantitative Reasoning- 2 sections) + Unscored/ Research section -not scored)|
|No. Of Questions/Time limit||AWA – 2 Question / 30 Minutes each|
QR (1) – 20 Questions / 35 Minutes
QR (2) – 20 Questions / 35 Minutes
VR (1) – 20 Questions / 30 Minutes
VR (2) – 20 Questions / 30 Minutes
|Score validity||5 years|
|No. Of Attempts||Maximum 5 attempts in a year (Minimum 21 days between consecutive attempts)|
|GRE Contact in India||+91-1244517127 or 000-800-100-4072|
Monday–Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. IST
Email: [email protected]
GRE Exam 2020 Eligibility Criteria
There is no specific age mentioned or qualification criteria mentioned by the ETS. However, the student must possess a completed graduate degree from any recognized university. Anyone can appear for this exam irrespective of age qualifications.
The only Eligibility Required is the original documents required to prove your identity. In India, you’ll need a valid passport that contains all your personal details like full name, address, and date of birth. There is no other documentation required for alternate proof as they are very disciplined talking about these things.
GRE Exam 2020 Syllabus
GRE is a popular international exam taken by the students who want to pursue a postgraduate degree from the university abroad. Generally, the GRE Exam consists of 2 types i.e. GRE General Test and GRE Subject Test.
- GRE General Test – It is the standard exam that test student Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, and Analytical Writing
- GRE Subject Test – It is the test that focuses on judging the student’s expertise in the field of Biology, Literature in English, Chemistry, etc.
GRE General Test Syllabus
The syllabus of the GRE General test consists of 3 Sections they are:
1. Quantitative Reasoning
The Quantitative Reasoning Section aims to measure the student’s ability to understand Quantitative Information, apply basic mathematical skills, solve problems using mathematical methods, elementary concepts of geometry, algebra, probability, and statistics.
Topics covered under Quantitative Reasoning are:
|Ratio and proportion||Profit and loss|
|Simple and compound interest||Speed, distance and time|
|Permutation & combination||Linear equations|
|Quadratic equations||Sets Theory|
|Statistics||Powers and roots|
|Probability||Pipes, cisterns, work, time|
|Lines and angles||Triangles|
|Order of operations||Volume and surface area|
2. Verbal Reasoning
This section aims to measures the student’s ability to analyze ad draw conclusions, summarize text, understand the structure of the text, understanding the meaning of words, select important points, distinguish minor major or relevant points, understanding the relationship among words and concepts. The Verbal Reasoning Section consists of mainly 3 types of questions:
- Reading Comprehension
- Text Completion
- Sentence Equivalence
Topics covered under Verbal Reasoning are:
- Basic Sentence structure: Nouns, Pronouns, Adjectives
- Verb Tense
- Idioms & Idiomatic Expressions
- Pronoun Agreement
- Subject-Verb Agreement
3. Analytical Writing
This section aims to measure the student’s ability to examine claims and accompanying evidence, control the elements of standard written English, ability to articulate complex ideas clearly and effectively, support ideas with relevant reasons and examples. The Analytical Writing consists of 2 different tasks i.e. Analyse an Issue and Analyse an Argument
GRE Subject Test Syllabus
GRE Subject test measures the knowledge of students in a particular subject. The test is a paper deliver test and it is taken 3 times a year in the month of September, October, and April. The test score is used by college students for recommendation letters and other qualifications.
The GRE Test Syllabus consists of 6 Major Subjects:
- Literature in English
GRE Exam 2020 Exam Pattern
So once you have understood the syllabus of GRE EXam 2020 then you must also know the exam pattern. The time duration of this exam is 3 hours and 45 minutes for Computer Delivers General GRE Test. According to the Exam Pattern unscored and research, the section does not count toward the actual GRE Score.
The time duration for Paper Delivered General Gre Test in 3 hours and 30 minutes. There are six sections that come with a 10-minute break after the Computer Delivered Test is done and the same goes for Paper Delivered Test.
The GRE Exam 2020 Exam Pattern are given below with full details:
|No. of Sections||Duration||No. of Sections||Duration|
|Analytical Writing||2 sections- 2 tasks||60 minutes||1 section- two tasks||60 minutes|
|Verbal Reasoning||2 sections- 50 questions||70 minutes||2 section- 40 questions||60 minutes|
|Quantitative Reasoning||2 sections- 50 questions||80 minutes||2 section- 40 questions||70 minutes|
GRE Exam 2020 Registration
The registration process is very simple and easy to do. The registration for the GRE Exam is US 205$. Students who wish to appear for the GRE Exam 2020 must follow the detailed process carefully without having any difficulty. the steps to register for the GRE Exam 2020 are given below:
- Click here to visit the official website of GRE to create a new account
- Students have to give all the personal information to complete their profile. They also have to mention additional information during their time of admission
- Students then have to choose their Test Dates and Test Centers which is more comfortable to them
- Students then have to pay a test fee. they should check all the details once before making the payment. Once the payment is made there will not be any changes
- After the completion of the payment, Students have to take a printout of the Acknowledgement Receipt.
There are other methods of GRE Exam 2020 Registration they are:
1. Mail Registration
Print and complete the Application Form, and send it to the following address along with the appropriate fee –
2nd floor, DLF Infinity Tower–A
Sector 25, Phase II,
DLF City, Gurgaon,
Haryana – 122002
The form must be received at least three weeks before your choice of the earliest GRE test date. A confirmation number, reporting time, and the test center address will be emailed, faxed, or mailed to you.
2. Fax Registration
Print and complete the Application Form and send it to 91-124-4147773 with the appropriate fee. The form must be received at least seven days before your first choice of the test date.
3. Phone Registration
Call the Regional Registration Center (RRC), which is ‘Prometric’ located in Gurgaon, Haryana. The phone number is 91-124-4147700. The call must be made at least two business days before your preferred test date. A confirmation number, reporting time and the test center address
GRE Exam 2020 Results
A copy of the GRE Scorecard is sent to candidates within 10-15 days after the day of the test in case of a computer-delivered test. The result will be declared after the examination. The applicant can download the Result of GRE 2020 through the online mode. Authority will decide the counseling process according to the Result of the candidate.
Merit list will be based on the Obtain marks in the examination of the candidate. Authority of the examination will be fixed the cut off according to the minimum qualifying marks in the examination.
It is advised for the candidate, Take the print out of the GRE Results 2020 for the other uses such as counseling Process, admission process, etc.
GRE Exam 2020 FAQ
1. What is the price of the GRE test?
– Graduate Record Examination 2020 price varies in the range of $205-$255.
2. How long are GRE scores valid?
– The score of the GRE General Test is valid for five years from the test date.
3. What skills does the GRE General Test measure?
– GRE measures the skills of a candidate in terms of Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, Analytical writing.
4. How many times can I retake the GRE test?
– Candidates can appear for the GRE General Test once every 21 days, up to five times within any continuous rolling 12-month period.
5. How many sections are there in the GRE Exam?
– The GRE Exam consists of 3 sections namely:
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Verbal Reasoning
- Analytical Writing
So if you have any doubts regarding the GRE Exam 2020 then write to us in the comment section below. We will help you to solve all your difficulties and problems.