TCS releases the notification for TCS NQT 2021 for the selection of the best talent in the country. The selected candidates help to fuel the growth plans of TCS with its Business 4.0 strategy. The online application form is already started and the last date to apply is 17th October 2020. In this article, we discuss the TCS NQT 2021 Exam Pattern & Syllabus.
If you looking for the complete information about TCS National QualiferTest (NQT) 2021, then click the below link:
Must Read: TCS NQT 2021 Complete Information
Some of the important points about NQT
- NQT conducted Online (at home) & in Physical (In the center)
- Two-year validity of NQT Score
- Apply for an entry-level role in any corporate with NQT Score.
Before looking for the TCS NQT 2021 Syllabus lets discuss the exam pattern & number of questions for TCS NQT 2021.
TCS NQT 2021 Exam Pattern
- TCS NQT 2021 Exam conducted through CBT (Computer Based Test)
- The exam consists of 5 sections such as Verbal Ability, Reasoning Ability, Numerical Ability, Programing Logic & Coding.
- National Qualifier Test duration will be 180 minutes, i.e. 3 Hrs.
- The total number of questions is 92.
Now let’s look at the section-wise questions & time distribution.
|Test Section||Duration (in Minutes)||No. of Questions|
TCS NQT 2021 Detailed Syllabus
As we already know that there are 5 different sections in TCS NQT 2021 Examination. So, here we see the TCS NQT 2021 Syllabus section by section.
1) Verbal Ability
This section consists of 24 questions that you have to solve within 30 minutes. The questions are expected to come from the following topics:
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Correction or Error-Spotting (Covering topics such as Subject Verb Agreement, Pronoun Agreement, Parallelism, Prepositions, Articles, Tenses, Modifiers, etc.)
- Sentence Completion
- Cloze Passage
- Phrasal Verbs and Idioms
- Voices and Forms of Speech
2) Reasoning Ability
This section consists of 30 questions that you have to solve within 50 minutes. The questions are expected to come from the following topics:
- Data Arrangements (Linear, Circular, and Multi-dimensional)
- Blood Relations
- Data Interpretation
- Data Sufficiency
- Clocks, Calendars
- Cubes and Direction Sense
- Logical Connectives and Syllogisms
- Venn Diagrams
3) Numerical Ability
This section consists of 26 questions that you have to solve within 40 minutes. The questions are expected to come from the following topics:
- Permutation and Combination
- Number System
- Time Speed and Distance
- Geometry, Mensuration, and Progressions
- Ratios and Proportions
- Functions, Logarithms, and Graphs
- Clocks, Direction Sense
- Profit and Loss, Averages, Mixtures and Alligations
- Base Conversion
4) Programming Logic
This section consists of 10 questions that you have to solve within 15 minutes. The questions are expected to come from the following topics:
- Looping statements
- Control statements
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOPS)
- Standard Template Libraries (STL)
- Object Modeling
- Compiler Design
- Data Structures: Linked List, Stack, Queue, Trees, and Graphs
The coding section will consist of 2 questions that have to be solved in 45 minutes. The questions are expected to be easy to medium difficulty levels.
- 1 Question for 15 minutes
- 1 Question for 30 minutes
The code has to be written in any of these languages C/C++/Java/Python 2.7/ PERL.
Now you get the complete idea about the TCS NQT 2021 Exam Pattern as well as Syllabus. If you still have any issue then please write to us in the comment box.