Finally, BARC Exam 2020 notification released. Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) invites application through online mode for recruitment of Trainee Scientific Officer (TSO) for the 2020-2021 academic session of BARC Training School through their separate Online Examination or GATE 2020/2019 score for Engineering and Science stream.
BARC Examination 2020 (BARC 2020) will be conducted for the recruitment of Trainee Scientific Officer (OCES/DGFS). The examination will be conducted from 14th March to 18th March 2020 in multiple shifts. After the BARC Exam 2020 qualified candidates should appear for the interview process. The final selection will be purely based on the performance of the interview, subjected to medical fitness.
Must Read: BARC Exam 2020 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Final selected candidates should go for one-year training at BARC Training School as OCES/DGFS 2020. After successful completion of one-year course work at the Institute, DGFS Fellows undertake project work, which is assigned by DAE and supervised jointly by a DAE and an Institute guide.
Important: BARC announced the BARC Supplementary Exam 2020 for those candidates who successfully registered for BARC Recruitment 2020 in the month of January but didn’t appear exam in the month of March 2020.
If you are one of them then Click here to know more about BARC Supplementary Exam.
So, if you are interested to apply for BARC Recruitment 2020 with GATE or Without GATE then can fill the BARC Online Application form from 6th January 10:00 AM. The last date to apply for BARC 2020 Recruitment is extended from 3rd February 2020 to 5th February. Before applying please check the eligibility criteria.
For All BARC Exam & PSUs Updates
Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Click Here to Subscribe
- BARC Exam 2020 Overview:
- BARC Exam 2020 Eligibility Disciplines
- BARC Exam 2020 Selection Process
- BARC Exam 2020 Educational Qualification
- Age Limit for BARC Exam 2020
- Application Fee for BARC Exam 2020
- BARC Exam 2020 Important Dates
- BARC Recruitment 2020 Exam Pattern
- BARC Exam 2020 Syllabus
- BARC Exam Question Papers & Answer Keys
- BARC Exam 2020 Admit Card
- BARC Exam 2020 Cutoff
- BARC Exam 2020 Result
- Important Links for BARC Exam 2020
BARC Exam 2020 Overview:
|Exam Name||BARC Exam 2020|
|Job Profile||OCES/DGFS (Scientific Officer)|
|Exam Level||All India Level Based|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Conducting Authority||Bhaba Atomic Research Center (BARC)|
|Question Types||Objective (MCQs)|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Time Duration||2 Hrs|
BARC Exam 2020 Eligibility Disciplines
Computer Science Engineering
BARC Exam 2020 Selection Process
It is a two-step process Screening to short-list candidates
(a) Based on Online Examination: Online Examination will be conducted in March 2020 in each of the nine Engineering disciplines and five Science disciplines in more than forty cities spread across India.
Travel Allowance is not paid for appearing in it.
Candidates who register for the Online Examination will be able to choose their examination center as well as the date and time of the session in which they wish to appear for the Online Examination, subject to availability. Allocation of the slot to candidates for taking the Online Examination will be done on a first-come, first-served basis.
(b) Based on GATE Score: Applicants shortlisted for the Interview process based on a valid GATE 2020 score in the applicable GATE subject. Applicants with a degree in ‘Nuclear Engineering’ will be screened in only based on Online Examination to be conducted in March 2020.
Interviews of the short-listed candidates
Selection Interviews of short-listed candidates will be conducted in Mumbai (in all disciplines except Geology and Geophysics) and Hyderabad (in Geology and Geophysics). Outstation applicants will be paid two-way second-class sleeper train fare, from their registered residential address, by shortest route or actual fare whichever is less.
The probable period of Selection Interviews is during May-June, 2020.
Must Read: Important Topics for BARC Exam in PDF
BARC Exam 2020 Educational Qualification
- B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. (Engineering) / 5-year Integrated M.Tech. with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks.
- Applicants opting to be considered based on a GATE Score must have a valid GATE-2019 or GATE-2020 Score in the same engineering discipline as the qualifying degree discipline.
- Qualifying degree in branches like Aerospace, Automobile, Industrial Production, Reliability, Ceramics, Architecture, Geology, Mining, Bio-Medical Electronics/ Instruments, Communication, Information Technology, Master of Computer Applications, Dyes & Dye Intermediates, Electrochemical, Energy Systems, Oils & Fats, Paints & Varnishes, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Paper, Sugar Technology, Textiles, Mechatronics, etc. is not eligible.
Age Limit for BARC Exam 2020
(Age as of August 1, 2020)
- General Category – 26 years,
- OBC-29 years,
- SC/ST–31 years,
- Dependents of those who died in the riots of 1984 (Dep1984) -31 years,
- Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir State from 01/01/1981 to 31/12/1990 (Dom Kashmir) –31 years
Application Fee for BARC Exam 2020
- A non-refundable Application Fee of ₹ 500 is chargeable from the male applicants belonging to General and OBC categories.
- Woman candidates, candidates belonging to SC/ST, Dependents of Defence Personnel Killed in Action (DODPKIA) and Physically Challenged candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee.
BARC Exam 2020 Important Dates
5th February 2020
Launching of Online Application Portal for OCES/DGFS-2020
6th January 2020
Last date for Registration for Online Application
3rd February 2020
Last date for Submission of Online Application
9th February 2020
A download of Admit Card for Online Examination
25th February 2020
14th March- 18th March 2020
Last date for candidates to upload their GATE score
1st April 2020
Display of List of candidates short-listed for Interview on Online Application Portal (BARC Written Exam Result)
15th April 2020
Availability based option on Online Application Portal to select Interview Slot for qualified candidates
17th – 20th April 2020
14th May – 13th June 2020
Display of List of Candidates finally selected for OCES-2020 on Online Application Portal
Last week of June 2020
Last Date for Selected OCES-2020 Candidates desirous of DGFS to give details of M.Tech / M.Chem.Engg. admission to a DGFS institute
5th July 2020
Declaration of List of Applicants Selected for DGFS-2020 on Online Application Portal
2nd week of July 2020
5th February 2020
BARC Recruitment 2020 Exam Pattern
BARC Exam will follow a similar examination pattern as of GATE 2020 exam. Here we list some important points related to BARC Exam Pattern.
- BARC Exam will be conducted in online mode
- Online Examination contains only multiple-choice questions (objective type)
- Paper consists of a total of 100 Questions
- The total duration of the exam is 2 Hours
- Each question carries 3 marks
- 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer (Negative Marking)
- Physical calculators are not allowed in the BARC exam, however, virtual calculators will be available on your terminal.
BARC Exam 2020 Syllabus
Every engineering and science discipline will have a different BARC Exam Syllabus. You can check and download BARC Exam Syllabus for respective eligible disciplines by clicking the below link.
Must Read: BARC Exam 2020 Syllabus
BARC Exam Question Papers & Answer Keys
Bhaba Atomic Research Center conducts the BARC Exam 2020 for the recruitment of OCES/DGFS Scientific Officer 2020-21. But BARC doesn’t release the BARC Exam previous year Question Papers & Answer Key. If you are searching for BARC Exam Question Papers then you are in the right place. We create Question Papers for BARC Exam as per Pattern & Syllabus. You can refer these papers to get an idea about questions asked in BARC Exam. To get BARC Exam Question Papers & Answer Key to click the Below link.
BARC Exam 2020 Admit Card
One of the important documents to appear for the BARC Examination in March is BARC Exam 2020 Admit Card. This Admit card is available for those candidates who successfully registered for BARC Exam in January by paying an application fee. Candidate can download the admit card (Hall Ticket) from below link:
Must Read: BARC Exam 2020 Admit Card
BARC Exam 2020 Cutoff
Bhaba Atomic Research Center (BARC) will not publish the official cutoff of OCES/DGFS Scientific Officer Recruitment. One person has done the RTI against BARC on that BARC published the 2018 recruitment information. To check BARC 2020 Cutoff then kindly check the below link.
Must Read: BARC 2020 Cutoff
BARC Exam 2020 Result
The final list of Selected candidates for OCES/DGFS – 2020 (Scientific Officer) will be released on 15th April 2020. After selection candidates should book their interview slot by logging to their account from 17th to 20th April 2020. The selected candidates called for interview from 14th May. To check your BARC Result 2020 the follow the below link.
Must Read: BARC Result 2020 – Scientific Officer
Important Links for BARC Exam 2020