BARC Exam 2019 notification released, Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) invites application through online mode for recruitment of Trainee Scientific Officer (TSO) for the 2019-20 academic session of BARC Training School through their separate Online Examination or GATE 2019/2018 score for Engineering and Science stream.
After successful completion of one-year course work at the Institute, DGFS Fellows undertake project work, which is assigned by DAE and supervised jointly by a DAE and an Institute guide.
For All BARC Exam Updates Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Click Here to Subscribe
BARC Exam 2019 Important Dates
Launching of Online Application Portal for OCES/DGFS-2019 26th December 2018 Last date for Registration for Online Application (Extended)
4th February 2019 Last date for Submission of Online Application (Extended) 5th February 2019 Download of Admit Card for Online Examination 15th February 2019 Online Examination 9th March- 13th March 2019 Last date for candidates to upload their GATE score 27th March 2019 Display of List of candidates short-listed for Interview on Online Application Portal (BARC Written Exam Result)
16th April 2019 Availability based option on Online Application Portal to select Interview Slot for qualified candidates 22nd – 26th April 2019 Selection Interviews 13th May – 14th June 2019 Display of List of Candidates finally selected for OCES-2019 on Online Application Portal Last week of June 2019 Last Date for Selected OCES-2018 Candidates desirous of DGFS to give details of M.Tech / M.Chem.Engg. admission to a DGFS institute 4th July 2019 Declaration of List of Applicants Selected for DGFS-2018 on Online Application Portal 2nd week of July 2019
Must Read: BARC Exam 2019 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
BARC Exam 2019 Eligibility Disciplines
Engineering Streams Science Streams Civil Engineering Physics Computer Science Engineering Chemistry Chemical Engineering Biosciences Electrical Engineering Radiological Safety Electronics Engineering Geology Mechanical Engineering Geophysics Metallurgical Engineering Nuclear Engineering Instrumentation Engineering
BARC Exam 2019 Selection Process
It is a two-step process Screening to short-list candidates
(a) On the basis of Online Examination: Online Examination will be conducted in March 2019 in each of the nine Engineering disciplines and five Science disciplines in more than forty cities spread across India.
Travel Allowance is not paid for appearing in it.
Candidates who register for the Online Examination will be able to choose their examination center as well as date and time of the session in which they wish to appear for the Online Examination, subject to availability. Allocation of the slot to candidates for taking the Online Examination will be done on a first come, first served basis.
(b) On the basis of GATE Score: Applicants shortlisted for Interview process on the basis of a valid GATE 2019 score in the applicable GATE subject. Applicants with a degree in ‘Nuclear Engineering’ will be screened in only on the basis of Online Examination to be conducted in March 2019.
Interviews of the short-listed candidates
Selection Interviews of short-listed candidates will be conducted in Mumbai (in all disciplines except Geology and Geophysics) and Hyderabad (in Geology and Geophysics). Outstation applicants will be paid two-way second-class sleeper train fare, from their registered residential address, by shortest route or actual fare whichever is less.
Probable period of Selection Interviews is during May-June, 2019.
Must Read: Important Topics for BARC Exam in PDF
BARC Exam 2019 Educational Qualification
- B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. (Engineering) / 5-year Integrated M.Tech. with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks.
- Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score must have a valid GATE-2018 or GATE-2019 Score in the same engineering discipline as the qualifying degree discipline.
- Qualifying degree in branches like Aerospace, Automobile, Industrial Production, Reliability, Ceramics, Architecture, Geology, Mining, Bio-Medical Electronics/ Instruments, Communication, Information Technology, Master of Computer Applications, Dyes & Dye Intermediates, Electrochemical, Energy Systems, Oils & Fats, Paints & Varnishes, Petrochemicals, Plastics, Paper, Sugar Technology, Textiles, Mechatronics, etc. are not eligible.
Age Limit for BARC Exam 2019
(Age as on August 1, 2019)
- General Category – 26 years,
- OBC-29 years,
- SC/ST–31 years,
- Dependents of those who died in the riots of 1984 (Dep1984) -31 years,
- Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir State from 01/01/1981 to 31/12/1990 (Dom Kashmir) –31 years,
Application Fee for BARC Exam 2019
- A non-refundable Application Fee of ₹ 500 is chargeable from the male applicants belonging to General and OBC categories.
- Woman candidates, candidates belonging to SC/ST, Dependents of Defence Personnel Killed in Action (DODPKIA) and Physically Challenged candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee.
Must Read: BARC 2019 Admit Card – Download Here
Important Links for BARC Exam 2019
Must Read: BARC Scientific Officer Cutoff
BARC Exam 2019 Result
The final list of Selected candidates for OCES/DGFS – 2019 (Scientific Officer) will be released on 16th April 2019. After selection candidates should book their interview slot by logging to their account from 22nd to 26th April 2019. The selected candidates called for interview from 15th May. To check you BARC Result 2019 follow below link.
Must Read: BARC Result 2019 – Scientific Officer