But BARC also conducts a separate exam for recruiting Scientific Officers i.e. BARC Online Exam. The Online exam will be conducted in multiple shifts as per the selected slot. With BARC Examination, candidates can get a Scientific Officer post in BARC.
For that, We create this BARC Exam Syllabus page for Chemistry. Here GATExplore providing the tentative BARC Syllabus for Chemistry 2022 for effective preparation of an examination.
BARC Exam Pattern for Chemistry 2022
- BARC Exam will be conducted in online mode
- Online Examination contains only multiple-choice questions (objective type)
- Paper consists of a total of 100 Questions
- The total duration of the exam is 2 Hours
- Each question carries 3 marks
- 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer (Negative Marking)
- Physical calculators are not allowed in the BARC exam, however, virtual calculators will be available on your terminal.
BARC Syllabus for Chemistry (Tentative)
We list the important subject below.
- PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY
- Basic Mathematical Concepts:
- Atomic and Molecular Structure:
- Theory of Gases:
- Chemical Thermodynamics:
- Chemical and Phase Equilibria:
- Chemical Kinetics:
- ORGANIC CHEMISTRY
- Basic Concepts in Organic Chemistry and Stereochemistry:
- Organic Reaction Mechanism and Synthetic Applications:
- Qualitative Organic Analysis:
- Natural Products Chemistry:
- Aromatic and Heterocyclic Chemistry:
- INORGANIC CHEMISTRY
- Periodic Table:
- Chemical Bonding and Shapes of Compounds:
- Main Group Elements (s and p blocks):
- Transition Metals (d block):
- Bioinorganic Chemistry:
- Instrumental Methods of Analysis:
- Analytical Chemistry:
For a more detailed syllabus, you can refer IIT JAM Chemistry Syllabus because it is similar to that. I hope you get a good idea related to the syllabus for chemistry.