Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore starts the application form for IIT JAM 2021 from 10th September 2020. Candidates can start filling the online application form by visiting the official website. Before that please this complete article about the Joint Admission Test for Masters 2021. The Last date to fill the online application form will be 15th October 2020.
IIT JAM 2021 ( Joint Admission Test for Masters) is an online examination for admission in M.Sc. (Two Years), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, and other Post-Bachelor’s Degree Programmes at various IITs. The examination organized by one of the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) every year on a rotational basis, on behalf of the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), GOI. Every year, the IIT JAM Application form will be released in the month of September.
Candidates those who want to appear for IIT JAM Exam, please go through this article to know complete information about IIT JAM 2021 including Important Dates, Application Form, Fee, eligibility, Exam Pattern & Syllabus, etc.
- IIT JAM 2021 Overview:
- IIT JAM 2021 Conducting Body
- IIT JAM 2021 Official Website
- IIT JAM 2021 Notification
- IIT JAM 2021 Important Exam Dates
- IIT JAM 2021 Registration/Application Form
- IIT JAM Application/Registration Fee
- IIT JAM 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- IIT JAM Papers and Paper Codes
- IIT JAM 2021 Syllabus
- IIT JAM 2021 Exam Paper Pattern
- IIT JAM 2021 Response Sheet
- IIT JAM 2020 Answer Key
- IIT JAM Previous Year Question Papers & Answer Key
- IIT JAM 2021 Result
- IIT JAM Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
IIT JAM 2021 Overview:
|Exam Name||IIT JAM 2021 (Joint Admission Test for M.Sc)|
|Exam Level||All India Level|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Conducting Authority||7 IIT’s & IISc. Bangalore on a Rational Basis|
|Question Types||Objective (MCQ & MSQ) & Numeric Answer Type (NAT)|
|Number of Questions||60|
|Exam Time Duration||3 hrs|
IIT JAM 2021 Conducting Body
The IIT Joint Admission for M.Sc. examination conducted by 7 IIT’s & IISc Bangalore on a Rational Basis. Please check the below table to know IIT JAM Organizing Institute.
|JAM 2021||IISc Bangalore|
|JAM 2020||IIT Kanpur|
|JAM 2019||IIT Kharagpur|
|JAM 2018||IIT Bombay|
|JAM 2017||IIT Delhi|
|JAM 2016||IIT Madras|
|JAM 2015||IIT Guwahati|
|JAM 2014||IIT Kanpur|
|JAM 2013||IIT Delhi|
|JAM 2012||IIT Bombay|
|JAM 2011||IIT Delhi|
IIT JAM 2021 Official Website
Officially Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. (JAM) 2021 will be conducted by IISc Bangalore
IISc Bangalore First time conduct the IIT JAM Examination.
IIT JAM 2021 Official Website: IISc Bangalore: Click Here
IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) committee made the announcement of the official website of IIT Bangalore. THE official JAM 2021 Notification will be released soon.
Must Check: IIT JAM 2021 Information Brochure
IIT JAM 2021 Notification
JAM Notification will be released in the month of July 2020 by IIT Office. Notification will include all necessary information.
Must Check: IIT JAM 2021 Notification
IIT JAM 2021 Important Exam Dates
|Online Application Form Starts||10th September 2020|
|Last date of Application Form Submission||15th October 2020|
|Application Form Correction||25th October 2020|
|Last Date of Change in Examination City||31st October 2020|
|Admit Card Availability||6th January 2021|
|JAM 2021 Exam Date||14th February 2021|
|Answer Key Availability||25th February 2021|
|JAM 2021 Result Deceleration||20th March 2021|
|Score Card Download||25th March 2021|
Must Check: JAM 2021 Important Dates
IIT JAM 2021 Registration/Application Form
Candidates can apply through JOAPS (JAM Online Application Processing System) for JAM Registration. Here GATExplore providing basic information about the registration
- Candidates have to apply for JAM 2021 examination using online mode only.
- JAM 2021 registration will be started on the 10th of September 2020.
- JAM 2021 registration will be end till the 15th of October 2020.
- Candidates have to register as a New User for JAM 2021 examination registration.
- After successful registration candidates are able to access JOAPS using their JOAPS Enrollment ID and JOAPS Password.
- While filling JAM 2021 application form candidates need to upload scanned photographs, signature, thumb impression, degree certificate, or category certificate.
Must Check: JAM 2021 Application Form
IIT JAM Application/Registration Fee
|SC/ST/ PWD Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|Women Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
*Note: Candidates pay the application fee via Net Banking, Debit/Credit Card, or e-challan.
IIT JAM 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria to apply for IIT JAM Exam as follows.
- Nationality: Indian/Foreign nationals candidates are eligible to apply.
- Qualifying Exam: All candidates admitted through should have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Required Marks/Grades: In the qualifying degree, the aggregate marks or CGPA/CPI without rounding-off (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) should be at least 55% or 5.5 out of 10 for General/OBC (NCL) category candidates and 50% or 5.0 out of 10 for SC/ST and PwD category candidates.
Must Read: JAM 2021 Eligibility Criteria
IIT JAM Papers and Paper Codes
IIT JAM 2021 examination conducted in 7 subjects (referred to as Papers) by Online Computer Based Test (CBT). Candidates can choose any of the following subjects:
|IIT JAM Paper||Paper Code|
IIT JAM 2021 Syllabus
JAM 2021 exam conducted for 6 subjects. Candidates can choose any JAM 2021 Paper as per their graduation subjects. The syllabus of each stream is different. JAM aspirants can download JAM 2021 syllabus in PDF for BT, CY, GG, MA, MS, PH from the link given below.
Must Read: IIT JAM 2021 Syllabus in PDF
IIT JAM 2021 Exam Paper Pattern
Candidates, please check the IIT JAM Exam Paper Pattern in order to appear for this entrance exam.
- Exam Mode: The entrance exam will be conducted in Online Mode Only
- Duration of Exam: The time duration for the exam will be 3 hours.
- No. of Questions: Exam contains 60 Questions of different types.
- Types of Questions: Questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) & Numerical Answer Type (NAT)
- Papers: Only 6 Papers will be in the exam
- Total Marks: The Exam of 100 Marks
- Negative Marking: Only MCQ type questions have negative marking.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Types of Questions||Marks Weightage|
|A||30||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)||1 or 2 Mark(s) each|
|B||10||Multiple Select Question (MSQ)||2 Marks each|
|C||20||Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||1 or 2 Mark(s) each|
|Total Questions: 60||Total Marks: 100||Duration: 3 Hours|
|MCQ: 50 Marks||MSQ: 20 Marks||NAT: 30 Marks|
IIT JAM 2021 Response Sheet
After completion of the JAM 2021 Examination, JAM Office will release the Response Sheet for each candidate in the last week of February. You can check your JAM 2021 Response by clicking the below links.
Must Read: IIT JAM 2021 Response Sheet
IIT JAM 2020 Answer Key
After getting the IIT JAM Response sheet, you have to compare your answers with the official answer key. This will gives you an idea about how much you can score in JAM Exam 2020. To download JAM 2020 Answer Key please follow the below link.
Must Read: IIT JAM 2020 Answer Key
IIT JAM Previous Year Question Papers & Answer Key
One of the important parts of every competitive examination is last year’s papers and their solution. For you, we come up with the previous year JAM Question Papers & Answer Key in PDF format. Please check the below links to download these question papers and answer key.
IIT JAM 2021 Result
JAM 2021 Result will be declared in the 3rd Week of March 2021. To download your result please check the below link.
Must Read: JAM 2021 Result
IIT JAM Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Full form of JAM Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. IIT JAM Exam will be conducted ONCE in Year. Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc Bangalore) conducts the IIT JAM 2021. Scrutiny and verification of documents is a manual process, so it takes time due to a large number of applications. The change of exam center may be permitted, if a request with a valid reason for the same is submitted through the JOAPS website along with an online payment of Rs. 500/-.
Full form of JAM Joint Admission Test for M.Sc.
IIT JAM Exam will be conducted ONCE in Year.
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc Bangalore) conducts the IIT JAM 2021.
Scrutiny and verification of documents is a manual process, so it takes time due to a large number of applications.
The change of exam center may be permitted, if a request with a valid reason for the same is submitted through the JOAPS website along with an online payment of Rs. 500/-.