GATE 2021 online application has concluded on 5th October 2020, and it is expected that a large number of candidates have applied for the exam. Some candidates make mistakes while filling the application form. These mistakes may be small but can affect the candidature in the final stages of selection or interviews. Hence IIT Bombay is providing an opportunity for such candidates to correct their details or particular from 15th October 2020 to make GATE 2021 Application Form Correction.
Must Read: GATE 2021 Admit Card Download
How to do GATE 2021 Application Form Correction
- Step 1 – Visit the official website – appsgate.iitb.ac.in
- Step 2 – Enter your email ID and Password to log in
- Step 3 – Click on ‘Change Personal Data’
- Step 4 – Make the necessary corrections and Submit.
- Step 5 – Make payment and take a print out of the confirmation page for further reference.
Corrections will be allowed in the below fields:
- Date of Birth
- PwD status
- Dyslexia and similar learning disabilities
- Details of Parents/ Guardian/ Correspondence address
- College name and location, Roll Number, Registration Number
Must Read: GATE 2021 Study Materials
Candidates who wish to change the gender, category, and PwD status in their GATE 2021 application, can do this by logging into GOAPS and clicking on the button “Change Personal Data”. Please be careful while changing the details and make sure that you have verified the data modified before submitting the same. After submitting the form with modified details, you will be taken to the payment page to pay the additional fee.
- Applicant must pay Rs.750 in case of Gender change from Female to Male/Transgender (not applicable for SC/ST and PwD candidates)
- Applicant must pay Rs.750 in case of Category change from SC/ST to Gen/OBC (not applicable for Female and PwD candidates)
- The Applicant must pay Rs.750 in case of PwD status change from PwD to non-PwD (not applicable for Female and SC/ST candidates)