GATE 2020 Admit card will be available from January 3, 2020 (Friday). So candidates need to visit IIT, Delhi official website on or after January 3, 2020. Here we are providing some Instructions list to the candidates which they need to follow before, during & after GATE 2020 examination. In this article, we will discuss the important GATE 2020 Exam Instructions.
Must Read: GATE 2020 Paper Pattern and Marking Scheme
GATE 2020 Exam Instructions
(1) This Admit Card must be presented for verification along with at least one original (not photocopy or scanned copy) valid photo\identification proof (for example College ID, Employer ID, Driving License, Passport, PAN card, Voter ID, Aadhaar-UID).
(2) This Admit Card is valid only if the candidate’s photograph and signature images are legible. To ensure this, please take a clearly legible, preferably color print-out of this admit card on an A4 sized paper.
(3) Candidates must report at the examination venue 60 minutes before the scheduled commencement of the examination.
(4) Candidates will be permitted to appear for the examination ONLY after their credentials are verified by center officials.
(5) Candidates will be permitted to occupy their allotted seats 35 minutes before the scheduled start of the examination. Candidates can log in and start reading the necessary instructions 20 minutes before the start of the examination.
Must Read: GATE 2020 Admit Card
(6) Candidates are advised to locate the examination center and its accessibility at least a day before the examination so that they can reach the center on time for the examination.
(7) No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall after 09:30 hours in the forenoon session and after 14:30 hours in the afternoon session.
(8) Candidates will not be permitted to leave the examination hall before the end of the examination.
(9) A virtual scientific calculator will be available on a computer screen during the examination. Personal calculators, mobile phones or any other electronic devices are not allowed in the examination hall. Candidates should not bring any charts/tables/papers into the examination hall. GATE authorities will not be responsible for the safe keep of candidates’ personal belongings.
(10) Scribble pads will be provided to candidates for rough work. A candidate has to write his/her name and registration number on the scribble pad before he/she starts using it. The scribble pad must be returned to the invigilator at the end of the examination.
Must Read: GATE 2020 Results