Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) released the UPSC Exam Calendar 2021 on 17th August 2020. As per the UPSC Calendar, IAS 2021 exam notification will be published on 10th February 2021. After the release of notification, candidates can immediately start filling IAS Application Form.
Only graduates candidates satisfy the age limit criteria are eligible to fill Indian Administrative Services (IAS) form. Civil Services Examination will be conducted in three stages.
- StageI: IAS Preliminary Examination
- Stage II: IAS Mains Examination
- StageIII: Personal Interview
UPSC IAS Prelim Examination will be held on 27th June 2021. The IAS mains exam dates will be 17th September 2021. To know more about the exam dates Check the exam dates section on this page.
IAS 2021 Exam Dates
UPSC released the exam dates for IAS in UPSC Exam Calendar 2021. You can refer below table to check UPSC IAS Exam Dates
|Events||UPSC IAS Exam Dates|
|IAS Official Notification Released||10th February 2021|
|IAS Application Form Starts||10th February 2021|
|Last Date to Fill an online application||2nd March 2021|
|Release date of IAS Admit Card||1st Week of June 2021|
|UPSC IAS 2021 Prelims Exam Date||27th June 2021|
|Declaration of IAS Prelims 2021 Result||August 2021|
|UPSC IAS 2021 Main Exam Date||17th September 2021|
|Declaration of IAS Main 2021 Result||November 2021|
|Interview Dates||February 2022|
UPSC IAS 2021 Vacancies
The Service Commission will release the UPSC Indian Administrative Services 2021 Vacancies along with the notification. Below are the tentative vacancies as per last years,
Tentative Total Number of Posts – Approx 900.
UPSC Civil Services List-
Candidates who will qualify the IAS Exam will be appointed under below given services as per their marks and rank in UPSC CSE 2021
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Police Service
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Gr. III)
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’
IAS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Nationality: Only Indians are eligible to apply for UPSC IAS Exam.
IAS 2021 Age Limit (as on 1st August 2021): Candidate must be complete the age between 21 years to 32 years. He/she should not have born earlier than 2nd January 1987 and later on 1st January 1998.
Education Qualification: Candidate must have obtained a graduate degree in any of the recognized universities.
UPSC IAS 2021 Application Form
Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria can fill UPSC IAS 2021 Application Form from 10th February 2021. Aspirants must remember the last date to fill online application form date is 2nd March 2021. To fill online application form candidates must visit the UPSC Official Website.
IAS Application Fee
|Female Candidates||No Fee|
|All other Candidates||Rs. 100/-|
Note: Candidate can pay the application fee through Net Banking, Debit Card, or Credit Card.
IAS 2021 Exam Pattern
UPSC Civil Services examination consists of 3 stages that we already discussed. Candidates must prepare General Studies for IAS Prelims Examination and for Main candidates have to prepare optional subjects & languages. The UPSC Prelim Examination is an objective type exam while IAS Main has subjective type questions.
UPSC IAS Prelim Exam Pattern
|Paper||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration||Negative Marks|
|General Studies – I||100||200||2 hours||yes|
|General Studies – II (CSAT)||100||200||2 hours||yes|
IAS Syllabus 2021
UPSC provides a different syllabus for Prelims & Mains. The IAS Syllabus consists of some of the important topics as well as chapters that you need to prepare for the exams. These topics are similar to the Class 9 and 10th levels. Our advice to candidates to stay connected with current happening events for general studies. For more details UPSC IAS Syllabus please check the below link:
IAS 2021 Admit Card
UPSC will release separate admit card for each stage. The admit card for IAS Examination will be issued 3-4 weeks prior to the commencement of the exam. Candidates can download the admit card by visiting the Official UPSC Website. To download the UPSC IAS Admit Card, candidates need to enter their registration number and birth date. You can download the admit card by clicking below link:
UPSC IAS 2021 Result
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) declares the IAS Prelims examination result after one month from the commencement of the exam. Preliminary Exam qualified students are eligible to appear for the IAS Main Examination in September month. To check your IAS Examination Result, please click on below link:
If you found this information helpful please share it with your friends & have any query then please write to us in the comment box below.