IISc Bangalore MTech Admission 2019: IISc offers Master of Technology (M.Tech), Master of Design (M.Des) and Master of Management (M.Mgt). IISc Bangalore admits about 400 students every year for its course programmes. The number includes about 50 sponsored applicants from the Defence Services, Defence Research, and Development Organization, Indian Space Research Organization, BARC, NAL, CPRI, KSRTC, BMTC, PWD and BDA, faculty members from engineering colleges under the Quality Improvement Programmes.
- The applicant can choose to apply for up to a maximum of 5 disciplines from M.Tech programmes.
- Applicants with qualification in BE / B Tech or an equivalent degree must have qualified and hold valid GATE score card as on 1st August 2019.
- IISc Bangalore MTech Admission 2019
- Eligibility for IISc Bangalore M.Tech Admission 2019
- Selection Procedure for IISc Bangalore M.Tech Admission 2019
- How to Apply for IISc Bangalore M.Tech Admission 2019
- Application Fees for IISc Bangalore M.Tech Admission 2019
- Important Dates IISc Bangalore M.Tech Admission 2019
- Useful Links for IISc Banglore M.Tech Admission 2019
IISc Bangalore MTech Admission 2019
offered in various disciplines is given in the table below:
M.Tech offered in the discipline
Aerospace Engineering (AE)
Chemical Engineering (CH)
Civil Engineering* (CE)
Mechanical Engineering (ME)
Materials Engineering (MT)
Computer Science & Engineering (CS)
Communication & Networks (CN)
Microelectronic Systems (MI)
Signal Processing (SP)
Systems Engineering (SE)
Transportation and Infrastructure Engineering (TI)
Electronic Systems Engineering (ED)
Computational and Data Science (CP)
Climate Science (CL)
Earth Science (ER)
Electrical Engineering (EE)
Nano Science and Engineering (NA)
Must Check: M.Tech Admission 2019 – Check Here
Eligibility for IISc Bangalore M.Tech Admission 2019
The following categories of candidates are eligible to apply for IISc Bangalore M.Tech admission to course programmes.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology or its equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Science/ Electronics followed by qualifications obtained through an examination conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE.
- Master’s degree holders in Science disciplines including Physics with Electronics/ Instrumentation/Geology/ Computer Application/ Physical Sciences/ Mathematical Sciences as applicable to individual department offering M Tech programmes.
All the candidates should qualify in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2017 /2018 / 2019) for M Tech, GATE or in the Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED 2018/2019) for M Des, and GATE 2017/2018/2019 or CAT 2019/GMAT for M Mgt, and possess the valid score as on 1st August 2019.
Selection Procedure for IISc Bangalore M.Tech Admission 2019
Based on GATE Score Only
After screening based on the GATE score, an aptitude test and interview will be conducted
How to Apply for IISc Bangalore M.Tech Admission 2019
Step 1: Register with your e-mail (preferably Gmail) address and a password to start the online application process by creating a new user account. (Link is given below). Email ID used to register cannot be changed later.
Step 2: Log in to the website to fill the application form.
Application Fees for IISc Bangalore M.Tech Admission 2019
The application fee is Rs 800 for GN/OBC & Rs.400 for SC/ST/PH candidates, bank charges extra.
Important Dates IISc Bangalore M.Tech Admission 2019
Website opens for online submission of applications
February 01, 2019
Last dates for online submission of applications (website closes at
23:59 hours of 26.03.2019)
March 25, 2019
Last date for receipt of printed version of Sponsored/ERP
applications upto 5.30 p.m
March 28, 2019
Aptitude Test/interview for M Tech programme
April 30, 2019
Useful Links for IISc Banglore M.Tech Admission 2019
IISc Bangalore MTech Admission – Click Here