IIT Gandhinagar invites applications to M.Tech. programmes in Biological Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Earth System Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science & Engineering for the year 2019-2020
- Programmes offered by IIT Gandhinagar
- Eligibility Criteria for IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2019
- Financial Support for IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2019
- Application Procedure for IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2019
- Application Fees for IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2019
- Important Dates for IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2019
- Useful Links for IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2019
Programmes offered by IIT Gandhinagar
Discipline Specialization Biological Engineering Biological Science, Bioengineering, Biotechnology Chemical Engineering Nanotechnology, Colloids and Interfaces, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Separation Processes, Polymers, Process Control Civil Engineering Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering and Water-Resources Engineering Computer Science and Engineering Algorithms, Complexity theory, Machine learning, Data mining, Game theory, Mechanism design, Data science, Cryptography, Network security, Computer vision and graphics, and Computer architecture and systems Earth System Science Geomorphology, Water and Environment, Near Earth Surface Processes, Remote Sensing and GIS, Earth System Modelling Electrical Engineering Microelectronics, Signal Processing, Fiber Optics, Power Systems, Control Systems, Electrical Machines, VLSI Design, Biomedical Engineering Materials Science and Engineering Metallurgy, Nanomaterials, Biomaterials Mechanical Engineering Thermal Science and Engineering, Dynamics and Control, Solid Mechanics
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2019
- Minimum of 55% marks / 5.5 (on a 10 point scale) in B.E. /B.Tech./M.Sc. or equivalent in appropriate branches (50% marks for SC /ST)
- Candidates who have a valid GATE score (at the time of interview/written test) are eligible to apply for M.Tech. GATE is not required for application to M.Tech. on a part-time basis or for the PGDIIT programme.
- B.Tech. graduates from the IITs with CGPA/CPI of 8.0 or above (on scale of 10) would be eligible to admission without having to appear in GATE
- Candidates applying for the regular M.Tech. programme and who are sponsored by their employers do not require GATE score and can be considered as sponsored candidates provided (a) candidate has been in service for more than 2 years (b) employer grants 2 years of study leave and (c) employer undertakes to financially support the candidate for the entire duration of 2 years.
Financial Support for IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2019
Eligible candidates admitted to full-time M.Tech. programme will receive a monthly scholarship of Rs.12,400/-. The students in PGDIIT/ M.Tech. on Part time basis will not receive any stipend/scholarship.
Application Procedure for IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2019
All applications must be submitted online. If you are applying for more than one discipline, please submit a separate application for each discipline. After successful submission of the application form, you will receive an application number and a link to download the application form. Please save the application form. You need to furnish hardcopy of the application form and self attested copies of all the relevant documents at the time of interview. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Application Fees for IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2019
- For SC/ST/PWD Candidates: Rs. 100/-
- For Other Candidates: Rs. 200/-
Important Dates for IIT Gandhinagar M.Tech Admission 2019
Events Dates Opening of application portal 17 March 2019 Application form submission deadline 10 April 2019 Announcement of shortlist 17 April 2019 Written test and/or interviews 08 to 13 May 2019 Announcement of results 29 May 2019