- Subject Wise Marks Distribution in GATE Electrical 2019:
- Subject Priority based on Subject Wise Marks Distribution in GATE Electrical 2019
- Important Topics to Cover in GATE ME 2019
Subject Wise Marks Distribution in GATE Electrical 2019:
GATE (The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) 2019 Exam is a gateway for qualifying candidates to secure admission for postgraduate programs in centrally funded Indian institutions. This year IIT Madras is organizing institute for GATE Exam. Subject Wise Marks Distribution in GATE Electrical give you a idea about GATE Papers.
GATE is highly competitive entrance exam where lakhs of candidates appear for examination to crack the exam and hence it requires good tips for GATE preparation.
Here we are providing the detailed Subject Wise Marks Distribution in GATE Electrical. GATE EE Exam conducted in various sessions. The following weightage analysis helps you to understand the importance of the subject in GATE Exam.
Sr. No. Subject 2015 2016 2017 2018 SET-1 SET-2 SET-1 SET-2 SET-1 SET-2 Only 1 SET 01 General Aptitude 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 02 Engineering Mathematics 14 15 14 15 10 12 11 03 Electrical Machines 9 16 10 10 12 12 10 04 Power Systems 9 8 8 11 11 12 10 05 Power Electronics 7 4 10 8 11 7 10 06 Control System 10 8 9 8 8 8 8 07 Network Theory 7 6 8 8 8 8 8 08 Signals & Systems 6 7 7 6 6 6 8 09 Electrical Measurements 7 6 3 5 4 4 4 10 Electromagnetic Theory 4 4 5 6 2 4 2 11 Analog & Digital Circuits 12 11 11 8 13 12 14 Total 100 100 100 100 100 100 100
Must Read: GATE Electrical Study Notes
Subject Priority based on Subject Wise Marks Distribution in GATE Electrical 2019
- General Aptitude
- Engineering Mathematics
- Analog & Digital Circuits
- Electrical Machines
- Power Systems
- Power Electronics
- Control System
- Network Theory
- Signals & Systems
- Electrical Measurements
- Electromagnetic Theory
First, 5 subjects carry 50-60 marks so study these subject to get more score in GATE 2019. Some of the important topics which covered in previous year papers are mentioned below that will help you to prepare.
Important Topics to Cover in GATE ME 2019
- Topics covered in 2017: DC Machines Transformer Losses,Induction Machines ,Synchronous Machines & Special Machines.
- Topics covered in 2016: DC Machine-Shunt motor, efficiency; Transformer-Losses, Autotransformer; Induction machine, V/f control,Induction machine, Synchronous Machine,Sine phase & 3 –Phase induction Motor.
- Topics covered in 2015: Transformers,Synchronous Machine ,DC machines, induction Machines.
- Topics covered in 2017: Load flow, Transmission lines, fault analysis, power factor correction, Load flow studies, GMR, fault analysis, per unit systems.
- Topics covered in 2016: Stability; LLG fault; Line parameters Transmission Line.
- Topics covered in 2015: Economics and power Generation Symmetrical Components & Fault Calculation, Transmission, and distribution, Transient and overvoltage, Power System and Stability, Generating Station
- Topics covered in 2017:Phase control rectifier,Power Semiconductor Devices,Commutation Techniques.
- Topics covered in 2016: VSI; Rectifier – full wave – input power factor, Chopper,Convertor.
- Topics covered in 2015: Phase control rectifier, Power Semiconductor devices,Inverter.
- Topics covered in 2015: Time domain Analysis,,Frequency Response Analysis Nyquist Plot,State Variable Analysis ,Basic of Control System ,Frequency response.Transfer Function.
- Topics covered in 2016: Nyquist Plot; Routh Stability; Lag-lead system; Bode plot and transfer function,
- Topics covered in 2017: Network Solution,Two–Port Network ,Thevenin’s Theorem,Transfer Function.
- Topics covered in 2016: Network Solution ;Transient Analysis to DC input; Two –port Network; Network Topology,Star-Delta; Basic Networks; Dependent Source; Maximum Power Transfer
- Topics covered in 2015: Network Solution and methodology,Sinusoidal steady state Analysis,Laplace transforms ,Two –port Network,Transient /Study State Analysis of RLC Circuit to DC input.
Signals & Systems
- Topics covered in 2017: LTI Systems, Basics of signals and systems,Sampling.
- Topics covered in 2016: LTI system; Fourier transform; Laplace transform.
- Topics covered in 2015: Introduction to S&S,Linear Time invariant (LTI) System ,Z-Transform ,Fourier Representation of signal,Frequency Response of LTI System
- Topics Covered in 2017: Basics of Electric field and magnetic field.
- Topics covered in 2016: Magnetic Flux Density for Toroid, Coulomb’s law, Effects of dielectric medium, Electric field potential.
- Topics covered in 2015: Electric & Magnetic field
- Topics Covered in 2017: Frequency measurement, DVM, Error analysis, CRO, Watt Meter.
- Topics covered in 2016: Moving coil and moving iron instrument,Power Factor measurement;Energy meter.
- Topics covered in 2015: Measurement of Basic Electrical Quantities-1,Electronic measuring Instrument-2,Measurement of Basic Electrical Quantities-2.
Analog & Digital Circuits
- Topics covered in 2016: ADC-Flash type; Multiplexer; Boolean algebra, Transistor-DC biasing; Zener Diode with transistor,Boolean algebra K-Map,Op.AMP analysis;Amplifier.
- Topics covered in 2015: Boolean Algebra & K-Map, Combinational Digital Circuit,Sequential Circuits,Diode –Circuit – Analysis &Application,DC Biasing-BJTs,Feedback Oscillator Circuit, Operational Amplifier and Its Application,AD/DA Convertor
We hope this analysis will be useful to prepare GATE 2019 Electrical. You can analyze frequently asked topics in GATE from the given analysis to crack the GATE 2018 Exam.
Must Read: GATE Class Hand Written Notes in PDF