Union Public Commission sets IES 2020 Eligibility Criteria. Engineering Graduates & those are in final years can apply for IES 2020. The application forms for IES 2020 will be available in the month of September 2019. The IES 2020 Prelims & Mains exam schedule in January 2020 & June 2020 respectively. You can check the IES 2020 Exam Dates.
IES 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria are based on the following factors:
2) Education Qualification
3) Age Limit
4) Medical Examination
Must Read: IES 2020 Notification
IES Eligibility 2020 – Nationality
Candidates must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- citizen of Bhutan, or
- citizen of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan Refugee migrated to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention to settle permanently in India.
- a person of Indian Origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India.
Note: The certificate of nationality will be accepted only if the candidate has received the certificate from Government of India.
Must Read: IES 2020 Application Form
IES Eligibility 2020 – Age Limit
1) UPSC Sets the lower age limit for IES 2020 exam is 21 years and Upper age limit is 30 years.
2) The candidate must not born earlier than 2nd January 1990 and not later than 1st January 1999.
3) Candidates applying for IES 2020 should meet the age criteria by 1st January 2020.
4) Any Govt. officials applying for IES 2020 will get age relaxation of 5 years on Upper Age limit.
5) SC/ST Candidates will also receive an age relaxation of 5 years on upper age limit
6) OBC Candidates will receive 3 years on age relaxation on upper age limit.
7) The ex-serviceman and PWD candidates will get 5 years of age relaxation on upper age limit.
Must Read: IES 2020 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
IES Eligibility 2020 – Education Qualification
The candidates should satisfy the following education eligibility criteria
1) Obtained degree in Engineering from recognized University. or
2) Should have cleared Section A and Section B from Institute of Engineers (India) or
3) Obtained Degree/Diploma in Engineering from Foreign University/ College/ Institute and the certificate is valued as equivalent to a degree received in India. or
4) passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India);
5) passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or
6) passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November 1959
Must Read: IES 2020 Admit Card
IES Eligibility – Medical Examination
1) All candidates irrespective of their IES reservation criteria have to undergo a medical examination.
2) This process requires the candidate to undergo a different physical test.
3) The medical test defined by UPSC will be conducted by various railway hospitals.
4) A candidate who found unfit will be disqualified from further selection.
The summary of UPSC IES Eligibility will be as follows:
1) Candidate should be Resident of India, Bhutan, Nepal or Tibetan Refugee can apply for IES 2020.
2) Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from Recognized University
3) Age limit: 21 to 30 years as on 1st January 2020.