Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) sets IES 2021 Eligibility Criteria. Engineering Graduates & those who are in their final years can apply for IES 2021. The application forms for IES/ESE 2021 are available from 25th September 2020. The IES 2021 Prelims & Mains exam schedule in January 2021 & June 2021 respectively. You can check the IES 2021 Exam Dates.
If you are planning to appear for Indian Engineering Services (IES/ESE) examination then you must know the Exam Eligibility Criteria. Here we will discuss the most important eligibility criteria for IES Exam.
IES/ESE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria are based on the following factors:
2) Education Qualification
3) Age Limit
4) Medical Examination
Must Read: IES/ESE 2021 Notification
IES/ESE Eligibility 2021 – Nationality
Candidates must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- citizen of Bhutan, or
- citizen of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan Refugee migrated to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention to settle permanently in India.
- a person of Indian Origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India.
Note: The certificate of nationality will be accepted only if the candidate has received the certificate from the Government of India.
Must Read: IES/ESE 2021 Registration & Application Form
IES/ESE Eligibility 2021 – Age Limit
1) UPSC Sets the lower age limit for IES 2021 exam is 21 years and the Upper age limit is 30 years.
2) The candidate must not born earlier than 2nd January 1991 and not later than 1st January 2000.
3) Candidates applying for IES 2021 should meet the age criteria by 1st January 2021.
4) Any Govt. officials applying for IES 2021 will get age relaxation of 5 years on the Upper Age limit.
5) SC/ST Candidates will also receive an age relaxation of 5 years on upper age limit
6) OBC Candidates will receive 3 years of age relaxation on the upper age limit.
7) The ex-serviceman and PWD candidates will get 5 years of age relaxation on the upper age limit.
Summary Age Limit: A candidate for IES/ESE examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st January 2020. i.e., he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January 1991 and not later than 1st January 2000.
Must Read: IES/ESE 2021 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
IES/ESE Eligibility 2021 – Education Qualification
The candidates should satisfy the following education eligibility criteria
1) Obtained degree in Engineering from recognized University. or
2) Should have cleared Section A and Section B from Institute of Engineers (India) or
3) Obtained Degree/Diploma in Engineering from Foreign University/ College/ Institute and the certificate is valued as equivalent to a degree received in India. or
4) Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India);
5) Passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or
6) Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November 1959
Must Read: IES 2021 Admit Card
IES/ESE 2021 Eligibility – Medical Examination
1) All candidates irrespective of their IES reservation criteria have to undergo a medical examination.
2) This process requires the candidate to undergo a different physical test.
3) The medical test defined by UPSC will be conducted by various railway hospitals.
4) A candidate who found unfit will be disqualified from further selection.
IES/ESE Eligibility Criteria 2021 Summary
It’s important to check IES Exam Eligibility Criteria 2021 before applying for the exam. IES/ESE Exam Eligibility Criteria Summaried as follows:
1) Candidate should be Resident of India, Bhutan, Nepal, or Tibetan Refugee can apply for IES/ESE 2021.
2) Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from Recognized University
3) IES Age limit 2021: 21 to 30 years as on 1st January 2021.
4) Candidates Belong to Reserved categories will have IES AGE Limit relaxation as per Govt. Rule.